Wednesday, February 7, 2007

onBeing

The Washington Post just launched their onBeing video series today. Really very nice, a breath of fresh air in the video world of newspapers.

My only concern is that some of the cuts are too quick in the interviews....I almost want more time and space for people to think. If I had to guess, people might have said things that didn't fit into the edit and there was not enough time or space to build in. Having edited audio long enough, I realize the difficulty in editing around that problem. It is perhaps most noticeable in the Sister Ann Elizabeth interview, but it is still the best interview none-the-less.

Overall Jennifer Crandall gets some great interviews and the interface is fun and the content is great. Yes, the content is interesting (hear that newspaper world?).

I am looking forward to the next installment.

No comments: