Thursday, March 8, 2007

r*i*t

A big shout-out to my former institution of higher learning, R*I*T.

The have a project titled Voices of Rochester that has a great opening interface. My primary observation is that while it was an admirable project, by focusing on so many people, there is almost too much information, and what is there is not as good as it could have been had people been able to take more time.

Having been through the grind in Ra-cha-cha, I understand how it happened. I just wish that the professors there, and I am not pointing any fingers, would try and propose manageable projects or dissuade students from reaching so high.

One person per subject, while it would not have been so broad, could have yielded much stronger results and then the next class could have filled in the picture better.

Overall a B for effort, C for content.

No comments: